Fall in Los Angeles isn’t a real fall. Our October is mostly characterized by people getting really excited at a change in “weather” – ie, more clouds, and waiting impatiently for the days we can turn off our air conditioning. We’re so desperate for some semblance of cool weather that we’ll go to pumpkin patches in the 80 degree heat just so we don’t feel left out.
For those of you that are new to the 10×10 challenge, it’s where you select ten items from your closet that can be used to create ten looks over the course of ten days. The idea is to practice the art of finding contentment in the clothes you’ve already got, as well as inspire some creativity with your items. This was my first time participating in the challenge, and I loved it! I’m happy with the items I chose, and I found a decent balance of casual and more formal looking styles.
So keep in mind that this Fall 10×10 is a Southern California one, as I’m wearing sandals and have two tank top options. We can pretend that I’m curling up with some hot tea and an oversized sweater, but it’s a lie. If I’m lucky, you’ll be able to see more appropriately labeled “fall” clothes during my winter challenge.
Here is my list of ten items:
- White Everlane muscle tank (made responsibly)
- Black sleeveless turtleneck (secondhand; shop similar made responsibly)
- Cropped tee (similar style, plain, made responsibly)
- Tan blazer (secondhand, shop similar, and similar made responsibly)
- Levi’s (secondhand, 721 High Rise, made in the USA)
- Citizens of Humanity black skinnies
- Jean vest (secondhand; similar made responsibly)
- Oversized long-sleeve purple top (secondhand; similar made responsibly)
- Croc flats (secondhand, but this style)
- Block heels (shop similar)
Day 1: Cropped tee, Levi’s, and block heels.
Day 2: Black sleeveless turtleneck, black skinnies, Croc flats
Day 3: Blazer, long top, block heels
Day 4: Jean vest, white tank, Levi’s, Croc flats
Day 5: Blazer, black sleeveless turtleneck, black skinnies, block heels
Day 6: Long tee, jean vest, Croc flats
Day 7: Black sleeveless turtleneck, Levi’s, Croc flats
Day 8: Blazer, white tank, Levi’s, block heels
Day 9: Long tee, Levi’s, block heels
Day 10: Jean vest, cropped tee, black skinnies, Croc flats
That’s a wrap! I seriously loved this challenge, and I’m determined to try it when I go home to Chicago for ten days in December. Anyone else participating in a fall 10×10? Let me know your thoughts below!